Soil Biology Workshop
Integrated Soil Management Workshop
March 5th & 6th 2015
2-Day workshop providing an in-depth overview of soil biology, testing, and remediation.
Ask us about our Group Rates
(15 continuing education credits available for Oregon Landscape Contractors. 15 Landscape Architecture P.D.H. units now available to Landscape Architects!)
If you can measure it, you can manage it.
Explore a biologically-based approach to plant and soil management. We will explore soil’s physical, chemical, and biological processes and relationships, as well as understanding your system’s soil ecology in this 2 day workshop.*
• Learn how and why to build soil organic matter
• Understand the major functions of soil bacteria, fungi, protozoa & nematodes
• Discover the relationship between soil biology and soil nutrient chemistry
• Figure out how to tell when compost is good or bad
You will find out how soil organisms can work for you, helping you reduce the need for chemical inputs and breaking down residues biologically.
*Our workshops are accredited for continuing education credits by the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board and the Oregon chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
• Matt Slaughter, Earthfort President & Lab Director will discuss soil habitat, soil properties, compost and compost tea production, and the value of soil biology testing.
• Michel Wiman, Earthfort Associate & Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Educator (M.S. Land Resources and Environmental Science) will speak about managing pests biologically and the benefits of doing so to your soil.
• Melissa Putzke, Earthfort Associate & professional landscape designer (Master Landscape Architecture) will talk about plant succession as it relates to soil biology.
• Additional Guest Speakers, to share their experiences working with soil biology.
Send us a soil or compost sample and discuss the results
of your soil test in the workshop!
Register fort the workshop and write MAR52015 on testing order form to receive 50% off testing services for ONE “Advanced Biology Package” soil sample. Sample must be received by February 18th! (Find sampling instructions and testing form here.)
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with a detailed workshop agenda, location directions, and local accommodation suggestions within 24 hours.
Spaces fill up quickly so register today!
March 5th & 6th, 2015
2 day workshop in Corvallis, Oregon
Location: 700 SW Washington St Corvallis, OR 97333
Day 1 (March 5th)
8am - Coffee and Registration
8:30am - Introductions
9am-5pm - Workshop
Day 2 (March 6th)
8am - 4pm Workshop
Continental breakfast, coffee, tea and water provided.