Dirt Simple 5 gallon bucket brewer
The DS5 makes teas with through-the-roof fungal numbers (hard to do), cleans up in about 5 minutes, is quiet and if it starts to get really dirty, you can just snap it apart and throw it in the dishwasher!
5 gal bucket brewer $195.00
Our Dirt Simple brewers consistently out-perform competitors in ease of use, consistent high quality of compost tea, and low up front cost, and this brewer is no exception. The air pump included with the DS5 comes with a 1 year warranty and is rated for constant use (brewing 24/7/365!). We've applied the same design philosophy from our large brewers; powerful aeration, quality components and simple maintenance.
The Dirt Simple 5 gallon Bucket Brewer comes with:
1. 5 gallon bucket with lid
2. Measuring utensil for nutrients
3. Complete Operating Instructions
4. Air pump
5. Stainless steel brewing frame with poly/vinyl hose components
6. Mesh brewing bag
The repair/replacement kit is great for extending the life of your aeration system & starting with fresh tubing and brew bag. Kit includes new replacement air tubing w/ quick connects & mesh brewing bag.
5 Gallon Brew Recipe:
Begin with a pre-treatment of your humus or compost.
1. Take ½ pound of compost and spread it out in a plastic container.
2. Lightly mix 1 oz. Soil ReVive with just enough water to make the compost moist but not wet.
3. Once they are lightly mixed, cover mixture with a lid that has holes in it for air movement.
4. Store for 48-72 hours in a dark indoor place.
5. After 48 hours you should see white fuzz sitting on top of the compost; this is beneficial fungi.
6. Scoop the treated compost into the brewing bag and zip the bag shut. Then, follow the brewing steps as outlined in the manual that came with your DS5 to brew your tea.
7. After 24 hours, the tea is ready for application.
To watch the pretreatment process in action, see our pre-treatment video.